I've had my eye on these for a long time, but I knew my waistline wouldn't thank me once I made them (I have no self control). I finally gave in and have made them more than once! They are so easy and DELICIOUS! I love anything with peanut butter and chocolate.
Chubby Hubby Buckeye Peanut Butter Truffles Recipe
Also seen on Six Sisters Stuff
Ingredients1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1 tablespoon unsalted butter ( at room temperature )
to taste salt
3 tablespoons powdered sugar
1 cup chocolate chips ( milk or semisweet )
1 tablespoon vegetable shortening
1 1/2 cups salted pretzels
2 tablespoons brown sugar
DirectionsPut the pretzel pieces into a resealable plastic bag and crush into very small bits (a rolling pin works great for this).
2. In a small bowl, combine the peanut butter, butter, brown sugar and salt. Stir until all of the ingredients are completely blended and smooth. Add the pretzel bits to the peanut butter mixture and mix thoroughly. Add the powdered sugar and mix until completely combined.
3. Line a small baking sheet with wax paper. Using a small cookie scoop, or about 2 teaspoons worth of peanut butter mixture, gently shape into a ball with your fingertips. Place the ball on the wax paper-lined cookie sheet and repeat with the remaining peanut butter mixture. Place the baking sheet into the refrigerator and chill for at least 30 minutes.
4. When ready to dip the truffles, microwave the chocolate chips and vegetable shortening together in a small bowl at 50% power in 30-second increments, stirring after each, until completely melted and smooth.
5. Working one at a time, dip one peanut butter-pretzel ball into the melted chocolate and use a fork to roll it around, ensuring that it is completely coated with chocolate. Let any extra chocolate drip off and place back on the wax paper-lined sheet. Repeat with all of the peanut butter-pretzel balls.
6. Return the baking sheet to the refrigerator and again chill for at least 30 minutes. Garnish with a drizzle of melted peanut butter and crushed pretzels, if desired. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
18From Six Sisters Stuff
Adapted from The Brown Eyed Baker